Swollen or inflamed lymph nodes are a result of an infection from bacteria or viruses. There is a rare chance that they convert into cancers. Here is all the information by Shree Radhey Homoeopathic Centre about swollen lymph glands that might help you.
Do you know that the lymphatic system plays a vital role in your body’s ability to fight off infections? These lymph glands play a vital role in the body’s ability to fight off infections and basically destroy infectious and harmful substances.
Lymph glands function as filters. They trap all the viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens that might cause illness.
What are the common areas where you might notice swollen lymph glands? These places include your neck, under your chin, in your armpits, and in your groin.
If these glands swell due to an infection, the treatment depends on the cause of the infection
What are the symptoms of Swollen Lymph Glands?
The lymphatic system is a network of organs, vessels, and lymph nodes situated throughout the body.
Swollen lymph glands are signs that there is something wrong with your body. The first thing that you would notice when your lymph glands swell is:
- Tenderness and pain in the lymph nodes.
- Swelling that may be the size of a pea or kidney bean, or maybe even larger in the lymph glands.
Other symptoms might include:
- Running nose, sore throat, fever, and other indications of an upper respiratory infection.
- General swelling of lymph nodes throughout your body. This might indicate an infection like HIV or mononucleosis, or an immune system disorder like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Fever and lethargy
- Night sweats
- Altered appetite and thirst
- Restlessness and tiredness
What are the causes of swollen lymph glands?
Lymph glands are small, round, or bean-shaped clusters of cells.
Inside lymph glands are a combination of different types of immune system cells. These special cells filter the lymphatic fluid as it travels through the body and help protect the body against all the kind of pathogens.
The place in your body where the lymph gland has swollen determines the underlying cause. Lymph glands are located in groups. Each group drains a specific area of your body.
- Streptococcal infection
- Ear infections
- Infected tooth
- Skin or wound infections such as cellulitis
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Certain sexually transmitted infections like syphilis.
- Toxoplasmosis: It is a parasitic infection that results when in contact with the feces of an infected cat or consuming undercooked meat.
- Cat scratch fever: A bacterial infection from a cat scratch or bite.
Immune system disorders:
- Lupus: Chronic inflammatory disease that targets joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, heart, and lungs.
- Rheumatoid: Chronic inflammatory disease that targets the tissue that lines your joints (synovium).
- Lymphoma: Cancer that originates in your lymphatic system.
- Leukemia: Cancer of your body’s blood-forming tissue, including your bone marrow and lymphatic system.
Do not ignore any such swollen lymph nodes and get them treated. Homoeopathy can help get rid of the cause of such swollen lymph nodes and removes the infections. Get the best homoeopaths in Gurgaon at Shree Radhey Homoeopathic Centre.